Beijing Normal University Philosophy Summer School
For those interested in enjoying two weeks (July 9-23 2017) at one of the most prestigious universities in China studying Chinese philosophy and discussing its implications to contemporary China and the world, and doing that with bright students and professors from both the East and the West, you cannot miss the opportunity to apply for the Beijing Normal University Philosophy Summer School 2017.
With more than 3000 years of advanced civilization, China has a rich tradition of philosophical thinking and moral reasoning. To enable young students and scholars all around the world to get in touch with Chinese culture, to understand China’s contemporary situation, and to develop an interest in Chinese philosophy, the School of Philosophy of Beijing Normal University (BNU) will hold its Philosophy Summer School from July 9th to July 23rd, 2017, on the theme of Daoist Philosophy.
Designed for global university students and young faculty members who are curious about traditional Chinese culture, BNU’s Philosophy Summer School has run for two successful sessions in 2015 and 2016. Our invited speakers are world-renowned scholars who offer unique insights into traditional Chinese philosophy and thought-provoking discussions on contemporary China. The Philosophy Summer School also presents a unique opportunity to meet young people from around the world who share a passion to explore the treasures of Chinese civilization. Our Philosophy Summer School enriches philosophical understanding while offering precious memories for both the students and the teachers.
Full Scholarships Available!
Deadline: April 23rd.
Place: Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
Date: July 9th-23rd, 2017
Eligibility: Interested in Chinese culture and philosophy
Motivated to make positive contributions to the exchange and collaboration between China and the world
How to Apply
Please send the following application materials by April 23rd, 2017 email@example.com:
(1) Scanned information page of passport;
(2) CV of no more than 3 pages;
(3) Personal Statement of no more than 2 pages. Please include the reasons why you are interested in our summer school and your academic and social achievements;
(4) Two letters of recommendation from your current employer or your academic supervisors;
(5) Completed Application Form for the Young Leaders Program (see the attachment).
Our committee will assess the applications and inform successful applicants by May 17th, 2017.
VISA Information: the applicable visa category for attending the summer school is “L” (tourist visa).
The Confucius Institute Headquarters will provide a number of scholarships from the Young Leaders Fellowship Program to cover round-trip international air tickets, lodging, sightseeing, and medical insurance in China during the BNU Philosophy Summer School 2017.
To apply for the scholarship, please submit the following documents firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23 rd, 2017:
(1) A short, separate letter outlining current funding status, financial needs and expected international travel expenses.
(2) An essay that discusses your interests in and previous study of “Chinese Thought and Modern Civilization” between 500-1000 words. Please note that you need not have any previous study in the topic to be considered for the Summer School.
A Completion Certificate will be awarded to participants who successfully complete the Philosophy Summer School.
Ms. TAO Yuan
International Affairs Secretary, School of Philosophy
Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China, 100875
Tel: +86 10-58801006