Ph.D. in China Fellowship
Support foreign students to pursue full-time Ph.D. degrees in the humanities and social sciences at Chinese universities.
• Non-Chinese citizen;
• HSK test score level 5 is required, and priority is given to applicants with higher level of proficiency in Chinese under same conditions;
• Applicants who are currently participating in Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible to apply for this Plan;
3. Application materials
• Recognized transcripts of undergraduate and graduate studies, diplomas and copies of all the documents above in Chinese;
• HSK transcript;
• Abstract of master’s thesis and other academic publications;
• A doctoral research statement;
• Two letters of recommendation from scholars in related field;
• Priority is given to applicants who obtain a letter of recommendation from Confucius Institutes.
4. How to apply
Applicants shall submit the online application at ccsp.chinese.cn, and then post the application forms and other supporting documents to the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
5. Assessment Process
The Confucius China Studies Program Expert Committee will review the application materials and conduct video interview.
• Lodging and living stipend: 80,000 RMB per year;
• Research fund: 20,000 RMB per year
• Round-trip international airfare;
• Other support provided by the host Chinese university;
• Expenses for life and medical insurances in China.
• Group activities and cultural experience.
项目联系人/Contact： 电话/Tel： 邮箱/E-mail：
王昕生 WANG Xinsheng 0086 10 5859 5771 firstname.lastname@example.org
Division of Sinology and China Studies,Confucius Institute Headquarters, 129 Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, China. 100088